Tropical Salad with Teriyaki Chicken
This salad is fun and full of flavor, made with nutrient-packed microgreens, sweet mango, tender teriyaki chicken and guilt-free onion rings. Eat this and give your body the protein it needs as well as a healthy serving of fiber.
Here’s what you need…
- 4 organic, free-range chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Organicville Island Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup almond meal
- dash of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1 omega-3 egg
- 4 cups organic micro greens or mixed greens
- 1 fresh, ripe organic mango, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons organic goat cheese, crumbled
- Rinse the chicken breasts. Place in a large ziplock bag with the teriyaki sauce, mix until all the chicken is coated. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. (Do it overnight for even better flavor!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- In a shallow bowl combine the almond meal, salt and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl whisk the coconut milk and egg.
- Dip each onion ring in the milk mixture and then coat with the almond meal mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip each onion ring, then return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan and lightly coat with coconut oil. Place the chicken breasts on the grill pan, and cook 4 minutes each side, until there is no longer any pink in the middle.
- Remove chicken from heat and slice.
- Prepare each plate with a pile of micro greens, sliced mango, goat cheese crumbles, a few onion rings and then top with teriyaki chicken.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 366 calories, 2g fat, 268mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 40g protein