Tropical Pork Ribs
Here’s a slow cooker recipe that cooks while you are away at work, making it convenient and easy to eat a healthy dinner. Serve these pork ribs over a bed of cauliflower rice or fresh spinach.
Makes: 6 Servings
Here’s what you need…
For the Tropical Spice Rub:
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
For the Tropical Pork Ribs:
- 1-3 lbs boneless country style ribs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- dash of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- In a medium bowl combine the Tropical Spice Rub ingredients.
- Rinse and pat dry the pork ribs. Season with salt and pepper, then coat each side with the Tropical Spice Rub.
- In a large skillet, place the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Place the coated ribs in the skillet, and brown on all sides.
- Place the browned ribs in your slow cooker.
- In the skillet, over medium heat, combine the remaining ingredients. Heat for 5 minutes, mixing until fully incorporated. Remove from heat and spread evenly over the top of the ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 359 calories, 12g fat, 405mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 23g protein