Santa Fe Salmon Salad
Eating healthy does not need to be boring. Grilled salmon, crip greens, tender corn and peppers, a sprinkle of cheese and a few slices of avocado make this healthy salad something worth repeating. The flavors in this dish are so delicious there is no need for dressing.
Here’s what you need…
- 2 (3.5 oz) salmon fillets
- Santa Fe seasoning blend (2 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/8 teaspoon clove, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/8 cup low fat cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup canned red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Coat the salmon fillets with Santa Fe seasoning. On a pre-heated grill, cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, until flaky and cook all the way through. Remove from heat.
- On 2 plates arrange a bed of lettuce, topped with half of the tomato, corn, cheese, peppers and avocado. Place the fillet on top.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 252 calories, 12 fat, 225mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 24g protein.