Quinoa, Arugula and Roasted Veggie Salad
This healthy salad that starts with dark flavorful greens, then adds cooked veggies, creamy goat cheese, some tender quinoa. No dressing required, since all the ingredients pack so much flavor. Next time that you are wondering what to make for dinner, try this Arugula, Quinoa and Warm Vegetable Salad. Feel free to add a side of grilled or baked chicken breast.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups organic, baby arugula
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Place the quinoa and chicken broth in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff.
- In a large skillet, place the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until lightly golden. Add the asparagus and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, until the asparagus is bright green and the onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Add sun dried tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, quinoa, warm veggies and sprinkle with the goat cheese.
- Serve with a side of grilled or baked chicken breast, or other lean protein.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 137 calories, 6g fat, 323mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, and 7g protein