Make The Right Choices
You cannot control your weight.
Disagree with that statement?
Go stand on a scale and decide to lose 5 pounds.
Well, how’d that work for you? Did your weight drop on command, or did it not budge?
It didn’t budge.
And yet you spend your precious time obsessing about your weight as if you had control over it.
The good news is that you do have control over a couple of important things that influence your weight.
I’m talking about your choices regarding what you eat and if you exercise.
Your current weight is the sum result of your history with eating and exercise.
Close your eyes and think back over the last three years of your life. What kinds of foods did you eat most often? How intensely did you exercise, and how often?
Now open your eyes and look at yourself in a full-length mirror. You are looking at the result of your past choices.
If you like what you see then keep on eating and exercising the same. It’s working for you!
If you don’t like what you see, then it’s time to start making different choices about food and exercise. Here are some suggestions:
Choices about food…
- I choose to eat wholesome foods that nourish my body.
- I choose to only eat when I’m hungry and to stop eating when I’m full.
- I choose to not eat junk food, sugary drinks or sweets.
- I choose to eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
Choices about exercise…
- I choose to get up early in the morning, when I could be sleeping, to invest an hour of my time in exercise.
- I choose to be consistent with my workout schedule, giving exercise the same importance as a doctor’s appointment.
- I choose to change my workout routine often, to always keep my muscles guessing.
- I choose to push myself to new levels of intensity, in order to strengthen and tone my muscles.
There’s no reason to spend another minute obsessing about the number on your scale. You’re smarter than that.
Instead focus your energy on the choices you make regarding what you eat and how you exercise.
Remember, I’m here to help you meet your fitness and weight loss goals.
Call or email today to get started on a fitness program that will quickly bring you to your goal.