Healthy Mini Muffins
Need a quick breakfast or snack item that won’t erase that awesome workout you just did this morning? Whip up a batch of these gluten and sugar free mini muffins and stock your fridge with the perfect on-the-go snack.Servings:
24 mini muffins
Here’s what you need:
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- half of a ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut crystals
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup, grade b
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, canned, full fat
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, flax meal, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another medium bowl combine the eggs, banana, coconut crystals, maple syrup, coconut milk, almond butter and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ones and mix well.
- Slowly add the melted coconut oil, mix until all the lumps disappear.
- Add the raisins and pecans and mix well.
- Divide the batter for 24 mini muffins. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and fully set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutritional Analysis: One Serving equals: 88 calories, 6g fat, 65mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 3g protein