Fig, Goat Cheese and Bacon Appetizer
Here’s a great recipe to bring to your next holiday party. Fresh fruit, nitrate-free bacon crumbles and high-quality goat cheese crumbles make a tasty appetizer that is gluten-free and caveman-friendly!
Here’s what you need:
- 6 figs, halved
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 6 Tablespoons goat cheese
- 1 slice nitrate free bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet cook the bacon until crispy. Allow to cool then crumble.
- Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil.
- Halve the figs and line, cut side up, on the prepared pan.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on the cut side of each fig. Sprinkle with goat cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Place in oven for 5-8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 98 calories, 3g fat, 68mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 4g protein