13 Reasons To Exercise
Let’s face it, some days you just don’t feel like exercising. Life overwhelms you, and you’re too stressed, too distracted (and, often, simply too tired) to get your sneakers on and grab your water bottle.
Here’s a list of 13 of the top reasons to exercise. Pull out this list and read it when you’re having one of those days:
1. To Prevent Disease. Exercise has been proven to reduce the risk of just about every single health problem known to man, from stroke to heart disease to cancer and osteoporosis. Exercise is also a great defense against type 2 diabetes, which is one of the quickest-spreading epidemics of our time.
2. To Look Great This one, you’re familiar with: exercise firms your body, improves posture and even makes your skin glow. If stress is taking its toll on your looks, you can use exercise to fight back.
3. To Lose Weight and Keep It Off Exercise burns fat and prevents future fat storage. If you want to have a thinner, healthier body, exercise is the answer.
4. To Have More Energy Anyone who exercises regularly will tell you that they are more energetic, more easygoing and more peaceful.
5. To Sleep Better Exercise boosts energy levels during the daytime, giving more traction to your nighttime cycle of rest. Exercise gives you the gift of more peaceful sleep, which makes you feel more vibrant during the day.
6. To Age Slower Exercise is one of the most effective ways to fight aging. When you age, your body slowly stops being able to produce muscle and bone; however, regular exercise helps your body retain this ability. Exercise also helps reduce the inflammation that contributes to age-related aches and pains.
7. To Relieve Back Pain In most cases, the best thing that you can do for back pain is to move and strengthen those muscles. Consult your physician or physical therapist for guidance.
8. To Ease Depression Exercise has been proven to reduce depression (sometimes, even as effectively as medication).
9. To Reduce Aches and Pains By strengthening the muscles around damaged joints, you’re able to use exercise to reduce joint pain and overall aches. (Always consult your physician before starting an exercise program, especially if you have chronic joint pain.)
10. To Stay Mentally Sharp Exercise has been shown to improve memory and other cognitive functions, and seems to have a protective effect against dementia. A Harvard University researcher called exercise “Miracle-Gro for the brain.”
11. To Enjoy Your Lifestyle Whatever it is that you love about your life – your kids, travel, sports, fashion – it is all more enjoyable when experienced in a fit and healthy body. Exercise so that you’re able to enjoy all the great things in life.
12. To Reduce Sick Days People who exercise regularly are 50% less likely to call in sick to work. A regular exercise program reduces colds and upper respiratory infections.
13. To Boost Confidence Being fit, feeling healthy and having energy are all building blocks to having great confidence. There is no better confidence-booster than sticking with a regular exercise program.
Regular exercise gives you so many amazing benefits — don’t miss out. Call or email today to get started on the exercise program that will change your life forever.